I took him to the Dr on Wed and they said he had an ear infection. He has been pretty crabby with it for the last 3 days and had a fever that would come and go. He has slept a lot and not eaten a lot. But this morning, before his birthday party, his ear drained a giant glob of something resembling snot. We cleaned it out and called my SIL Jennifer, who has been through this before, and the triage nurse because we were worried that it had ruptured the ear drum. The nurse had me do a few tests with him and we basically decided that if it had ruptured, there wasn't much we could do about it, and if it hadn't and it was just drainage, he would probably feel better. He wasn't particularly upset, like it was hurting him, so I figured it was just drainage but I will take him to the Dr on Monday and check it out. AND it was coming from the ear that wasn't technically infected...not that it couldn't have spread easily. Anywho...since that happened, he has been a happier baby...I guess the ooze released some pressure that was building up in his ear, cause when he woke from his nap this afternoon, after his party, he was almost back to his old self, he hasn't had a fever all day, and he spent the afternoon playing with his wonderful new birthday toys from his party today! So I am glad that it happened in a way cause he seems to be feeling better. We shall see!
This is the man playing with his new birthday toy from Granni!
I absolutely LOVE this picture! He is so happy when he feels good!!
2 comments:
Awww I am so glad he is feeling better! Ear infections are the WORST, trust me Alli had tubes when she was 4 months old, it was awful, we spent many a nights in the ER from 1995 to 1996. Happy Birthday to him!!
It's no fun to be sick on your birthday that's for sure. Happy Birthday little man-still can't believe you're 1 already!
Post a Comment