Thursday, March 13, 2008

It only takes one...

Person to ask for it...sorry the rest of you have to suffer.


Introducing, the American Cockroach, aka Palmetto Bug...
They fly AT you...yes...FLY...AT...YOU!
They come in from the outside...
Supposedly easier to get rid of than those small German Cockroaches that I think would definitely rival these bad boys...
They are coming to spray next tuesday.
I have a huge cake due that day, ugh.
It's getting warmer, and it's rainy, and they are coming out baby!
This is my own personal jihad...My holy war against flying cockroaches.

10 comments:

Auntie Lolo said...

Wow. That's the last time I'll ask for a picture!! I can't even look at your blog now. It gives me the heebie jeebies.

Sara said...

Heehee! Yeah, I thought I could just put a regular picture up there but figured this one was even better. How can anyone stand to touch those things!!?!!

Anonymous said...

We have to spray our house. I've seen 2 now. Fortunately they are all on the ceiling. Yay, fun!

Melinda said...

When I was 19 I lived in this apartment in Hermitage (Tulip Grove), outside my apartment was a huge tree, COVERED in those bloody things. I remember vividly sitting on my couch on a nice afternoon with my legs propped onto the coffee table and my knees up and what crawls up my knee? A FLYING COCKROACH. From there they'd be evereywhere, shower, bedroom closet, kitchen, etc. I hated it hated it, needless to say I wound up moving!

Sara said...

Yes! They are AWFUL!!!

Jess said...

Oh I hate those more than anything. At least the ones we had in NYC didn't fly....uck. I feel for you.

Kelli said...

EEEEWWWWWW! YUCK! I've had my share of horrible cockroach experiences (one on my face while trying to fall asleep, one flying at me from under the couch while I'm trying to kill it and one on my bare leg in the shower)so I feel your pain! That's one of those questions for God when you get to heaven (hopefully that's where I'm going)-Why cockroaches? And dinosaurs? And zits? WHY?!!!

Anonymous said...

I hate roaches more than anything in the world. I'm not much of a cusser, but they really bring it out in me and I let the name calling begin when I see one. Our house has been free from you know whats for a while now, I am so sad to hear that they will probably be making there way back inside (tear). If I ever see you in person I'll tell you a story how Ezra told River that roaches were my worst enemy.
Ezra got another ear infection too. Since I was sick I didn't keep up with his allergy meds and the fluid built up in his ears. Are your guys taking allergy meds? I wonder if it would help.

Sara said...

Kelly...those are some really good questions!! I have always wondered why roaches were created and then chalked it up to the Egyptians and their "pestilence"...they just made thier way over here...

Joan- Allergy meds are a good idea...I will probably have to get a referral cause I really can't stand the drs here on post. Same thing everytime I go in...antibiotics...

bedelia said...

That's one thing I don't miss about Texas. My mom can kill them with bare hands and feet. Isn't that sick? I just scream until my momma comes. Apparently cockroaches send me back to my childhood years where screaming for momma was acceptable.