Thursday, July 3, 2008

Randomness....

So I am totally in love with my new Live Feed widget over there. So cool! Hah! No hiding from me now, all you lurkers!!!!! :)

Did you know that July is Housefly month in Alabama. No joke. It's like they are really bad all May and June, and then it culminates in this symphonic climax of houseflies... (I almost typed Houselfs :P pppbbth) in July. My new favorite game is vacuum the flies. I'm like Miagi with a vacuum. Booyah!

So, just got back from visiting the mommer. I worry about her with a sucky car and all in this heat. She was doing pretty good, but having some ear issues. Lots of pain. I am glad she has such good friends there to help her out. I owe them big time.

So we went to get new ID cards today since Nathan's orders just got extended and

(NO... I WON"T GET AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER, YOU JUST WAIT, DANG IT!)

Ahem, anyhow, long story short the boys pushed over a giant, wooden rotating stand of magazines. Busted the sides right off of it and sent magazines flying everywhere. *Waves sheepishly* Yeah, hi, those are my kids....

8 comments:

Jess said...

Too bad it isn't house-elves instead of houseflies...I could totally use a house elf to do my bathrooms...

PS. I don't know where Harrison, NJ is, but I think your widget thinks I live there.

Melinda said...

Wow girl, what did the boys do when that happened? I hate that your mom is going thru this, it's not fair, life is not fair. I hope she gets better--I thought she was in remission though???

Sara said...

No, unfortunately, she's never been in remission. She's had it for five years and counting now. It's never gone away. She is what they call "Living with Cancer" if you can call it living, really.
Yeah, the boys were fighting over it, one wanted it turned one way and the other was being bossy so it just fell with a huge crash!! One of those moments where you are looking away for a split second, you hear the crash, and all time stands still while you turn and pray that it's not your children only to find them standing there with shocked looks on their faces. Then the slo-mo starts as you turn and your purse falls to the floor. Your voice comes out slow and deep and in unintelligible words that only you and your children understand. and everyone around you stares in either judgement, shock, or gratitude that it wasn't their child who just destroyed military property....

yeah, all in all good times.

Anonymous said...

Your orders were extended?

Sara said...

Yeah, well, technically they were only good for a year, so they had to update them... seeing as we're still here! :)

Terri said...

Oh, your sweet mom! She's such a trooper!

I love blogging when I should be parenting...

Kelli said...

Sara! I was so happy to see you while you were here, and you're right my husband does give good hugs. He's like a big teddy bear. My mom says when Alex hugs you-you know you've been hugged. Anyway I'm so sorry your Mom is going through all the cancer stuff. She is amazing! And we love her.

Amy said...

Alabama and NC must bne related. The kids run around the house with fly-swatters. Seth even killed one by stepping on it today. Go figure!!