
Today was Patriot Day so David wore his Red White and Blue to school. I remember that I was teaching this morning, 6 years ago. I had walked into the library of the school I was teaching at and saw the news on the tv. At that time, the plane had only hit one tower. I thought, 'oh look, a plane hit a building' and walked back to my classroom thinking nothing of it. The day progressed, and the horror unfolded, and the tension in the school was so thick. There were all kinds of rumors about terrorists hitting other locations, like the White House. I remember thinking about the fact that Nathan was in the National Guard and how I knew this was gonna turn into something bigger and how I hoped he wouldn't have to fight, even though I knew that he willingly would. And then that night, going home to call family members just to tell them you loved them.
I feel both blessed and humbled by the fact that even though Nathan has been in the military for 11 years now he has not had to go to Iraq. His unit is going in January but because he is here, he will probably not have to go join them. I also feel like eventually our luck will run out. I hope not. I am proud of him and all those like him who defend our freedoms and hope we never take those for granted. I love living on post where you are reminded daily of these things. I am proud of it.
I saw a onesie I thought about getting for Sammy. It said, 'If you think I'm cute, you should see my daddy in his ACUs.'
:)
David came home with some red white and blue ribbons. I asked him where he got them. He told me that Faith had given them to him. I said, Oh, why did she do that? He said, To be nice. I said, Where did she get them? He said, they were in her hair.
She gave him the ribbons from her hair.
:)
Well it's late and I need to get to bed...
No comments:
Post a Comment