I guess I'llo go ahead and post even though there's not too much to talk about. I spent the day yesterday taking Isaac to the doctor and then trying to get all this silly military paperwork insurance type stuff taken care of. Isaac burned his finger on the oven rack last week when I was making cookies. We put Neosporin on it and it blistered and popped but we thought it was getting better till we realized on sunday that it was swollen red and hard. I was gonna take him to the dr. on monday but I was watching a friends little girl. Monday night he woke up scremaing and crying and inconsolable. I even gave him a midnight bath and he was just so upset. No fever, just upset. So I gave him some tylenol and held a hot compress to his thumb. He kept crying "hot, hot!". Even though I know it was only warm. I know it hurt him so bad...after the 2 boughts with mastitis in the last 3 months that were so painful I know it hurt. But after holding the compresses on (which had to be done, the sore had a huge swollen head on it) it finally opened. I put a bandaid on it and then tues he finally got to see a dr. She said she was gonna have to cut it open and drain it. I just wanted to cry for him, but she put the iodine on it to clean it and left the room while it dried. By the time she came back in, the sore had opened on it's own again and she didn't have to cut him! Hallelujah! She did squeeze it though to get all the nastiness out. He did not like that one bit. He is on 2 antibiotics and I have to change his bandage at least 2 xs a day. Getting him to take his meds is a major struggle. I literally have to hold him down. I have tried bribery, coersion, begging...nothing doing. It's such a pain. But he has to have it. :(
Today, against my better judgement, I took them to playgroup at the lake here on post. It is really nice with water trampolines and 2 water slides. I was worried about putting Isaac's little thumb in the lake water but oh well. David had a blast. I rented him a lifejacket and he just doggy paddled himself all over the place! It was a good workout for him and really helped him be more confident. He even went down the waterslide without me. We were supposed to be there with people from church but I didn't recognize anyone. It was ok though. We had a good time just me and my boys. It wasn't even that traumatic or hectic. Very relaxing actually...except trying to keep Isaac from drinking the nasty lake water. I mean, I have been in some lakes and this one was really brown and you could see the (yick) mosquito larvae floating in it. He wanted to put it in his mouth and spit it on Sammy. I was struggling to get him to stop doing that! Good thing he's on antibiotics, right!?
I have seen 2 BIG cucarachas (sp?) in my house today, the big palmetto bug ones...so I called the office tonight to see if the pest guys could come tomorrow (they come on thursdays). Nice to have a landlord who actually thinks pest control is their responsibility. So hopefully they can come. I have issues with my Tourettes Syndrom when I see them. I start cussing like a sailor and my eyes roll back in my head like a shark and my mind says only one thing..."kill!". Come on out you nasty *&%$ of a *%^&. Come on you little ^&*%. DIe you *&^^*(&5. etc etc.
It's pretty bad.
Well, Honey's been gone only 3 1/2 days and I'm missing him...I know....awwwwwwww....but I just got him back and then we turn around and he has to go again. Ugh. At least I'll have visitors to keep me company. Dad is coming this weekend and possibly mom next week. David is very excited.
We got his welcome packet from the school today in the mail. It had all his bus info. I asked him if he wanted mommy to drive him to school and pick him up or if he wanted to ride the bus. Of course he wants to ride the bus!! I was having visions of Forest Gump. It will be hard for me to send him off on a school bus. I know he is excited. I hope I have prepared him ok.
Anyhow, I guess I had more to talk about than I thought. I really wanna go see HP Order of the Phoenix again. Oh well...too bad there aren't any good movies on video....are there?
No comments:
Post a Comment