:P
We moved here because the hubs had a sure thing to work for his unit... for at least a month. After that, we didn't know. But for at least a month he'd have a job. We'd hoped, and still are hoping, that once his unit returns from Iraq in May, that more Active positions will open up, and he'll have a job and we can stay here. That said, we don't know for sure that will happen... so he applied to work for the CounterDrug Unit... based out of Austin with positions available in Austin, Houston, and Dallas... everywhere but here. There are 15 candidates for the three jobs and he is interviewing for them on Wed of next week. If he gets one, we'll have to decide if we want to uproot and move again for a sure job that pays what we want, or take our chances here hoping that a position will open up in May knowing that might not happen... and then what? It's extrememly complicated (STRESSFUL) and part of why I had such a hard time deciding on a place for us to live here in San An... cause I had to find a place that would let us out of our lease if needed be... etc. without a lot of hassle. And it's the reason I am home-schooling David, aside from that I've always wanted to try it...
That's it in a nutshell... :)
Of course we may decide not to take the counterdrug job anyways, and just look for more around here, knowing that we'll take a pay cut... but that's also why I chose this place to live... and why we're glad we don't have a lot of bills! Oi.
1 comment:
Hope things work out for you and your family!! It does sound very stressful though! Good luck:)
Post a Comment