Whatever.
So, today is the 100th day of school. Yippee! (Throws confetti) ... David had to take 100 alike things to school so I sent him with a bag of 100 marshmallows. The little fruity ones. It's a good thing we sorted out the 100 like 4 days ago cause we would have eaten all of them otherwise. MMMMmmmmm little fruity marshmallowssssss....
He has had a rough week at school. He has had to "Change his color" everyday this week and yesterday he went all the way to red! I tried to get him to tell me what happened and he kept saying he didn't want to tell me. Eventually I got something out of him but then I said I was gonna write a note to Mrs. O to see what we could do about it and then he opened up about playing with this and bangin markers and stuff. I still wrote the note but he sat by me while I wrote it and made me read it to him. Ahh, I remember the trepidation of being a child and having parents go "talk to the teacher". Yikes! I assured him it was ok. I really just want her to know that I'm not letting it slide and that it means a lot to us that he does well cause I don't want him to get stigmatized as a "bad" child. That can happen easily. I've been a teacher and had the urge myself.
Well, I'm off to Nashville next week for Obadiah's memorial. It is sort of bittersweet though b/c I am going to have the opportunity to see a lot of my old friends. I am sad that it is such an unfortunate reason for us to get together but glad that we can. I must be really shallow cause once I knew I was going I thought, I need a haircut...
:P
So, i have been thinking about my This I Believe and I had a really good thought and then it left my brain. So I am going back to my original thought...
I believe in potential...I believe that I have the potential to be a really good mom, if I just get off my butt and turn off the Wiggles movie. I will never be June Cleaver, but I still have the potential to influence my children in positive ways. My husband has great potential. He has been trying to find his way for a while now and has found something he loves doing and has the potential to be great at it. Not necessarily flying though he will be great at that too. My children have a tremendous amount of potential. But it's my responsibility as their parent to mold and help them realize what that is. I believe that we all have the potential to be someone else's ... I will use the term because I can't think of one better...savior... I have had saviors in my life, people who have swept in at a moment of dire need and been there for me or provided something that I desperately needed. We all have the potential of doing this if we put aside ourselves and look for opportunities of need around us. Having potential, technically defined as "may" or "might", it would become easy to procrastinate though so I also believe in acting on your potential. Not putting off your possibilites..."Lay aside the Ranger and become the King you were born to be..."

ok ok enough random Lord of the Rings quotes...I believe in potential...and eventually reaching that potential....trying at least!
So that's what I believe....amongst other things...lots of other things....
It's 8:30 in the morning and my two youngest are STILL asleep. That never happens...enjoy the silence....ooh, I am.
I have the potential to do the laundry today....hmmm....
No comments:
Post a Comment