I just always liked that song...
Anywho...We had a wonderful Christmas. Santa Claus was good to us. Christmas Eve we went over to some friends for a party and had lots of yummy food, read the Cmas story, and played Cranium. Then we came home and the boys put out goodies for Santa, spread reindeer food on the lawn, and actually went to bed fairly easily. The whole thing that Santa only comes when you are asleep really helps.
Then we all got up for the real party! Our boys are still small enough that we had to remind them that it was Christmas and that Santa had come. Once we did, David was up like a shot! Santa brought David Piranha Panic game that he had been asking for for ages. Ike Ike got a big Diego Mega Blocks set, and Sammy got Tickle Me Extreme Cookie Monster!! :) Nathan got his digital Camera and mommy got a 3 tier serving tray set that I have been wanting for a while (and some cash to go get myself a few things I needed!) Granni was able to come and spend the holiday with us which was nice also. The day after Cmas we went bargain hunting and found a few things but not much. I actually used up all the wrapping paper we owned this Cmas! I didn't think that ever happened! It was down to the wire there for a bit, I didn't know if we were gonna make it! Thursday we packed up the car and took Granni up to the airport and from there drove on to Nashville, where I grew up, to visit my brother and his family and my dad and his wife and my brother and his girlfriend drove down from St Louis. We spent Friday hanging out till Dad got there then it was like mass chaos as the kids were so excited not just by the arrival of Poppop and Uncle Frank but also the massive pile of Christmas presents that appeared with their arrival! We had a nice meal and then opened each others' presents. It was very nice. Saturday we went to Opry Mills (used to be a theme park Opryland but they tore it down and built a mall, gag) and walked around the Opryland Hotel Conservatory and then went swimming in PopPop's hotel pool. The kids had a blast! Nathan was really beat so I took him back to where we were staying and dropped him off with the kids and I went back to my brother's and we siblings (minus Nathan) stayed up till almost 3 am playing games and hanging out. It was so fun! It was nice to meet Matt's girlie friend Connie, as well. She was very sweet and we all liked her very much. Sunday we went to my old ward and I recognized like nobody! It's amazing how things change in 12 years! :P
Then PopPop and that group had to leave but Nathan and I decided to stay on one more night and crashed at Frank's. We played a few games after the kids had all gone to bed and all in all it was a very fun weekend. I was so pleased at how well our kids got along and it made me wish they could see their cousins more often. David really enjoyed playing with E and O and one morning sat at the kitchen table with O just "talking" for the longest time. They got on really well. And Ike Ike managed to play with B a little bit though they are both so young that they just kinda did their own thing. I was glad they didn't fight at least! Sadly, it was the first time that all the siblings and all their kids had gotten together...ever! We'll just have to not let that take so long till the next time! :) I'll post more pics soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment