Tuesday, November 20, 2007

This may take me time...

I am not the best at self-evaluation...this may take me some time to come up with anything interesting...
I was tagged by Doug with this brand new kind of survey. So here goes.


The rules go like this:

1. List the link to your tagger and also post these following rules.
http://dougandlois.blogspot.com/
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird, etc.
3. Tag 7 people at the the end of your blog also leaving the links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are “TAGGED” by leaving a comment on their blog.

Here are my 7 random facts about me:

1. I guess I can just reitterate what I said above...I am not the best at self-evaluation. I like to think that I am not shallow but I sometimes wonder if there's really anything more to me than what's on the surface? I don't necessarily think of myself as quirky, but like to think that I may possibly be unique...? I wonder sometimes. I don't feel terribly original, most of my creative ideas are cast offs from someone else... and I often think I can be quite cynical. :P So I will try my best to accomplish this 'survey'...I may have to come back to it and update later...

2. I have never understood women who say that they just "can't keep up with the laundry." Until this week. I have always prided my self on being able to get the majority of the house cleaned in a day or two. I mean cleaned, you know, deep cleaned, not just surface... I think I am a stellar multi-tasker and can do things quite quickly. But this week I found myself losing my touch! Seems 3 kids is enough to rival me. Well, 4 kids depending on how you look at it. I find there is nothing in the world as satisfying as a clean house. But that satisfaction doesn't last long around here. If I could have one wish for Christmas, I would wish for a house elf...

3. Everytime I see my husband in uniform I wanna say, "Hello, Lutellant" and break out into my own rendition of 'Bali Hi'.
I believe I have done this once before and was given the crazy eye.

4. I love to make cakes. I know this is no surprise but it's just part of me. (and it takes up a spot on this quiz)

5. As a teenager, I used to (Okay....not many people know this...like maybe 2...till now) I used to lock myself in my bedroom and turn on the soundtracks to Phantom of the Opera or Les Mis and get out costumes and act them out, lipsync and all. I spent so many nights on the floor of my bedroom as Eponine, dying in the arms of Marius. Oh yes. Ooohh, to be on Broadway...
Occasionally I would allow this to seep out of the bedroom and Matthew and I would make music videos to certain showtunes. I wonder how Matthew would feel if I uploaded a copy of our 'Hunchback of Notre Dame' video on here....hmmmmm...that's a project for me...

6. I have a terrbile tendency of falling in love...with people who don't actually exist. I love to read, and in so doing I occasionally fall in love with a major character in the book. 3 men I absolutely love, I mean LOVE... 1. Severus Snape...I know..durh! Like that's original.....but I just totally fell for him after Deathly Hallows, such a tragic character. So sad, really. 2. Asher Lev. His story touched me in so many ways. I can't explain it. I just fell in love with him. (I've always had a thing for Jewish boys) 3. Jimmy Tock. I don't expect many people to know this character. He's from the Dean Koontz novel Life Expectancy...go read it now. Hmmm...after reading this paragraph, perhaps I just have a thing for brooding, troubled, or self-deprecating types...

7. I'm just a touch superstitious. I won't walk under ladders, I am dubious about the number 13, cringe if a black cat walks in front of me, hold my breath when I drive past cemetaries, kiss the clock and make a wish on 11:11 (or any other same-number like 5:55, etc.), and sometimes raise my feet when driving over railroad tracks. And I usually roll down my window a touch when driving over tall bridges, but that's mostly out of fear that the bridge is going to crumble at the exact moment that I am driving over it and I am going to fall to my death in the murky waters below and I must have a way of escaping the car so I have to have a little of a window open so that I'll be able to kick it out...

good enough?


Here's those I'm tagging....

Leah
www.williamandleah.blogspot.com
Jennifer
http://www.onemoreblogbyjennifer.blogspot.com/
Frank
http://tobeimperfectlyfrank.blogspot.com/
Niki
http://nikkinjakefam.blogspot.com/
Jess
http://www.jesskern.blogspot.com/
William
www.williamandleah.blogspot.com
Kelly
http://seemommyrun.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Doug said...

You know, somehow it doesn't really surprise me that you used to dress up and act out Les Mis or Phantom of the Operera. But I will admit that I didn't know that, and I thought I knew you pretty well. Interesting things you learn about somebody you thought you knew!

Anonymous said...

Ooops, didn't realize you had tagged me, lol. So skip me tagging you.