Sunday, November 25, 2007

Our Holiday!

Well, we certainly had a nice Turkey Day. David asked Nathan why it was Thanksgiving and Nathan said it's the day we are thankful for turkeys. So, I just was wondering...why is it turkeys and not turkies? Weird. Anyways...Friday a.m. I got up early (3:30) and went to the PX b/c they were giving away $20 to the first 100 people. Heck yeah, I'll be there for $20! So Maria went with me and we made it in plenty of time and sat there freezing our bums off playing Phase 10 on the sidewalk. It was fun.
Then I came home and we packed up and drove to Atlanta. We visited with Nathan's cousin friday night and then she watched the kids Sat morning for us so we could go to the temple. It was nice. Then Sat afternoon we went downtown to the World of Coke...with the rest of the half million crazies who thought it would be fun to blow a lot of money. It was pretty nice. I can say that it was worth it cause Nathan got in for free. The best parts were the 4-D movie, that David cried through the first 5 minutes of till I would hold him on my lap, and sampling the over 60 sodas from around the world. That was enjoyable. And Sammy even behaved. We got our picture taken with Santa...as you can see, Isaac loves getting his picture taken...But we knew that already...
So that was basically our weekend. We drove back home after World of Coke and spent today decorating for Cmas. We will do the outside lights tomorrow. I am not nearly the Cmas junkie that I am for Halloween so there will just be humble little lights in our yard and that's it! We used our little cmas tree we got for $15 3 years ago as our tree. We decided we didn't really want to spend the moola on a live tree though I would have loved it. I decided to be frugal and go along with Nathan. Oh well. It is up on some boxes and so far Sammy hasn't seemed too interested. I have the feeling my luck will run out though and I should have maybe put it up higher. So, don't be surprised if I post again soon and tell all how the tree got pulled over. We won't be surprised. The lil stinker is crawling all over and even cruising along the sofa! We are in shock at how much he is doing already at only 8 months old!
Anyways...need to put kids to bed...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, wish we would have known you were in Atlanta this weekend. We spent the weekend there too. Coulda got together...

Sara said...

Oh man, you coulda gone to World of Coke with us! :P