Sometimes I don't think my kids are that bad. Isaac is pretty even tempered. David gets frustrated easily but is SO cooperative when I ask him to do things. Sammy... is Sammy. He's gotten over the shrieking at the top of his voice thing for the most part. Of course now that I've said that, he'll probably start all over again. He's never been a "naughty" kid. Just curious. Which doesn't bother me. Not like he is mean. He's never been mean. None of my kids have. David is bossy and Sammy is better playing by himself but he's not MEAN. But lately...
*sigh*
Maybe it's just me.
We took the kids to a little Air Museum with David's cub scouts yesterday and the grumpy old men that ran the place were all over my kids! WHY MINE!?!? And why can't my kids listen when I say don't touch!?!?!? And why do people feel like they have to discipline other people's kids??? Especially when I'm in the middle of disciplining him myself!!!! Dude, I'm his parent... I got this!!!!!
It's so frustrating.
And today I'm just tired of it. Tired of people. Tired of my kids. I know they're not perfect, Hell, I'm not perfect in the SLIGHTEST, so why should they be?!?! But I try!!!!!! I try to raise kids who are thoughtful and polite and kind.
Maybe I should look into a speech therapist for Sammy. I keep thinking he'll grow into it. I don't know. I'm just tired and frustrated.
I don't like November. November doesn't hold good thoughts for me. I'm already having a hard enough time this month with other things, I don't need more stress...
4 comments:
Awww Sara! I'm sorry, anything I can do to help? I totally get what your saying, every time, I mean every time I go to Hobby Lobby, Madison ends up hurting herself and crying, and it's always right when there is a grumpy old man/women around, and they always have to make some rude comment, I lost it on an old man last time I went, haven't been back since at least with the kids.
Sara,
I'm sorry!!! I have learned recently that other people tend to have the problems, not the people being accused of having them. You have great kids, and the point is, their kids. Kids are supposed to be curious, occasionally naughty, and so forth. I also hear you on being tired of people. I'm sick of people and I would just like to move on to December.
Let me know if there is anything I can do for you to ease your frustration or make you smile for a few minutes!
hear yeah babe I feel the same all the time. Your a great mom. Hang in there it'll get better.
Oh yes. It's definitely not you. Kids will be kids. Sometime I'll tell you how my one of my preschool classes made a sixteen year old boy dislocate his shoulder.
Post a Comment