Monday, October 1, 2007

Busy-ness.....

Well, this weekend was eventful....Saturday morning we decorated the house for Halloween. It is an ongoing project though as I still have lots I want to do to it. My neighbor and I are going to do a haunted house in between our houses for Halloween night. So fun! Well, Saturday afternoon we went to the music store and finally bought David his guitar. He had his very first class this afternoon after school. He seemed to really enjoy it and I don't think he is too young. He is going to try the free taekwondo class this thursday to see if he wants to do that too. Anyhow. saturday night I went to the General relief Society Broadcast. It was nice. I enjoyed all of the speakers but the quote that stuck out to me was Thomas S. Monson encouraging us to pray not for "tasks equal to our abilities" but to pray for "abilities equal to our tasks", which I needed to hear. I get so overloaded sometimes with running a home and raising 3 little boys and sometimes I feel overwhlemed and discouraged. I know that I am nowhere near the type of parent I would like to be.
Sunday was mostly relaxing and then I had a cake order for today. I am posting a picture here and more on my cake page. I enjoyed making this cake but it got a little hectic down to the wire when sammy wouldn't stop crying and Ikus wanted to help and help and help. But it got done and David made it to his lesson and then he and daddy got haircuts tonight from Tori.
I am beat though and the house is a wreck and I need to make my to do list for tomorrow....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does that say "Aunt Bob"?

Anonymous said...

BTW, it's an absolutely gorgeous cake.

Looks yummy to boot. Wanna make one for the Baby this weekend?

We do need to find a time where we can get together....

Sara said...

Aunt Bob...yes.
I would love to make one for the baby! ....then I'll eat it....
:)

Anonymous said...

You can always bring it up to her. :D

"Aunt Bob." I'm thinking that's one of those things I should probably just not ask about. ;)

Seriously, we should figure out a time where we can travel to you all or you can travel to us.

Sara said...

Yes. That would be very nice!

June said...

Beautiful cake Sara, you have learned a lot.