Friday, October 19, 2007

Dumbledore is WHAT!!?!

Okay, so apparently JKR revealed during her book tour that the D-Man was gay. Oooookay. So much for the fandom idea that he and Minerva were an item...
Seriously though, if you read Book 7, you probably felt that it was alluded to. hmmm....
I realize that my time is running short to make costumes. Need to get moving on that or we'll be in trouble.
David was supposed to go to the Pumkin Patch for a field trip yesterday but it has been POURING rain so it was cancelled. They still have my 7 bucks though...
I hate school fundraisers. Well, I don't Hate hate them. They just make me feel bad, asking everyone to send money or whatever. We just finished the ............ oh MY HECK!!!! I just jumped up and ran to the kitchen cause in writing this I just realized that the cookie dough money was due TODAY!!! And we actually have a lot of orders on our sheet!!! Crap! Good thing I'm on the PTA....I'll just go email them now.....
Ok, that's done. Sheesh. Durhh.
Seriously though...
So anyways...I put a good 3 hours in the hot sun on wednesday afternoon decorating the front yard with a bunch of neighborhood kids and some friends. They are having a house decorating contest next week. I don't necessarily want to win but I want to at least compete. So I even went so far as to get a large box and cover it in papier mache, set it out in the sun to dry, and then spray paint it to look like a crypt in the middle of my large graveyard. My tombstones say: RIP Bin Laden, RIP Clinton Campaign, RIP Kim Jong Il, RIP Voldemort, RIP Britney's Career, and RIP My High School Figure....
And I have skeletons and ghosts and lights and crap all over my yard.....and what happens??? It rains all day yesterday and today......my crypt is now a cardboard box again and my ghosts have passed out on the grass....I am not even going to attempt to fix it till the day before the contest, as I also am going to create a pumpkin massacre in the front yard too and have to wait on that anyhow....all that work....down the drain...quite literally.....
sigh...
So that's about it.
That's the interesting (interesting?) bits anyways...
I will post a pic of the yard when it is back up to snuff....

1 comment:

Jess said...

I think the Dumbledore thing is just silly. Who thinks about old men having relationships? Now that Anna Nicole is dead...nobody. Except J.K. Rowling, I guess...