Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Busy busy busy!!

Today started...well last night really. We had Family Home Evening and talked about going back to school and reading some stories and going over some of the rules and papers with David that we were supposed to. Then we sent them off to bed and fifteen minutes later Isaac decided it really wasn't bedtime yet and did not go to sleep till 11:00!!!! And I had to put him in the portacrib cause he wouldn't stay in his bed. Ugh...
Then David was so excited that he was up at 6:00 this morning ready to go! So I made him a big breakfast and finished packing his lunch. We took lots of pictures and then walked him to his school bus. He was so excited he almost forgot to give me a kiss!!!! I mean he's only 5...he must still kiss his mommy in public! :)
After that, I was glad that Stephenie Meyer was coming on GMA cause I needed a distraction. I was so nervous for him but so excited for him too. The open house monday night was good and we were able to show him around the school and his classroom and meet his teacher and drop off his supplies. His teacher is very sweet and very young! I think she will be great though. Anyways...then I ran off to Dothan to buy the book Eclipse which just came out today (authored by Stephenie Meyer). We came home and waited for David's bus which was like 40 minutes late! I guess it's hard when you have so many little ones and want to make sure they all get off at the right place. David was dripping sweat cause it was 100 degrees plus today and the bus had no A/C.....hello!!?!
Anyhow...he seemed very happy but all he wanted to do was sit on the couch with his feet up and veg. Isaac was very sad that he didn't get to ride the bus with David this morning. He cried and cried!!
So, David said he had a fun day and brough home some cute artwork. I am gonna have to get a big box to put all that in! Then he and Isaac went outside to play and Isaac got pelted in the head by some little boy's toy plane and Tori brought him back in the house, crying with blood dripping down out of his head. It was a pretty nasty puncture wound to the head! Poor guy...bled for a while.
They were both so beat...David from his busy day and Isaac from no sleep last night that they both went to bed easy tonight. Which was good cause I have a cake due for a friend tomorrow!!
If I think of more about our fun, exciting day, I'll post it later! I have Royal Icing flowers to make!!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Sounds like a pretty exiting first day of school. I promise that they get easier. I have a suggestion for you, I don't remember who told me this but it works for us. When Lexie brings stuff home from school we scan everything into our computer so we will always have a copy of her work, then I only keep the most important ones in a tote. Otherwise you end up with boxes and boxes of stuff you really want to keep but don't really have the room for. And trust me it ends up being boxes and boxes if you keep everything.