Saturday, October 16, 2010

It's two a.m.

And I'm blogging?

Can't sleep. My three year old is currently in the hospital awaiting surgery in the morning.... because the little dink swallowed a flippin' coin!!

*sigh*

I just got home from spending 6 hours in the E.R. with him, and my hubby just came and took over. I had to come home since Mags is still nursing.

I took Big D out to sell popcorn in the neighborhood, and while I was gone he had gotten into the coin jar and swallowed one. And started vomiting, and gagging, and crying.

So I took him to the BAMC. (Brooke Army Med Center)

Yay.

Poor little man is super stressed out though. The X-ray experience was not a good one. I think the one dude bruised his arm. The coin ( a quarter?) is stuck in the esophagus... right next to the "air part", so it could get lodged in there. They were about to send him up to the Pediatric ICU when I left, to be observed over night, till he has surgery in the morning.

*sigh* again.

I need to go to bed.

My poor little dude. :(

4 comments:

R.S. Bohn said...

Surgery??? He couldnt' have swallowed a dime instead? Or stuck a penny up his nose? (which is what I did at age 6, resulting in my father getting to use his needle-nose pliers for unconventional reasons)

It's 10 am here. Hopefully this is over now and everyone's home, safe and sound. My thoughts are with you guys.

Melyssa said...

I remember swallowing a penny when I was probably 4 or so. And then I remember my Mom collecting my poo until the penny resurfaced. Fun times, fun times. Sometimes parenting is SO much more than we bargained for.

Glad he's okay.

Connie Roberts said...

Oh my gosh. Its sunday night and I'm just hearing about this. I hope he's not to tramatized. But thank goodness for modern medicine.

Anonymous said...

Hey you...I hope all is okay now!!!