My OCD tendencies are telling me the easiest way to do this is in list form, so...
1. The fridge broke. Thankfully it was an easy fix and we only had to go one full day with all our food in the cooler.
2. I made a cake. :) I won't go into the details of this one, except that who knew hydrangeas wilted so quickly!?! :P
3. The hubs and I stayed up late one night and made salsa and boogied to some Depeche Mode. We should do that more often. :) This was a huge batch! We still have two big jars in the fridge.

5. The two bigs started soccer this last week. I am not haapy about the way it has been organized. The school sent out letters of interest two weeks ago. We sent it back saying we were. We got a note last wednesday saying there were games already scheduled for last Saturday. Sheesh! Thankfully, a few parents stepped up to coach, but it still SO unorganized! And the games are all way across town. Sigh. Gotta love private school/charter school sports. That said, my Ike Ike got put in as goalie (for our little 4 person kindergarten team) and was a natural!!!! It was so funny!!! And totally worth it! That boy can goalie! LOL!!! I took some video... I'll try to post later.
6. Magsie got her pictures taken. First professional ones... cause I'm a slacker momma. These are some previews the photographer (who is awesome!) sent! :D YAY!!!!




Love!!!!
3 comments:
Wow. The Mags is, like, model baby! I'm not even a baby person, and I want to hold her and squish her and kiss her!
When you get time (hahahahaa!), could you send me the salsa recipe? I've tried making my own salsa for years. I was going to even attempt a salsa contest at the town carnival this past August, and chickened out. Mine is just blah. Yours looks tasty.
Also tasty: dancing in the kitchen with the Mr., staying up late, listening to DM. Sometimes, you gotta do that. I think I need to. Er, not with your Mr. With mine. :)
Great update! Beautiful cake! Nice background! Good to "see" you around!
Oh my gosh! She is soooo pretty! I think in the one where she is looking up with the flower she looks like Ike. But that's the only one so maybe it's that angle.
WHAT AN ANGEL!!! I can't wait to meet her.
Awww! Thanks, ladies!!!! She is super squishy, and I call her my Prozac because she just makes me so happy!
@B- As for the salsa... well, basically you take everything that could possibly go in a salsa, that you may be hoarding in the fridge, chop it up, and toss it in. :) Seriously. 2 yellow onions, 2 purple onions, a big handful of cilantro, about 8 jalapenos, about 7-8 tomatoes, um, vinegar, NO sugar (NOT ever!), lime juice, er... I'm sure there's more. We got a "salsa bag" at a farmer's market (sold by some true Texicans) and were surprised at how few tomatoes there were in it, but after we made it, we realized that's where we had gone wrong... too many maters. :)
The late night cook fest/dance-a-thon/sing along is one of my favorite "date nights" :) Even if the kids are asleep upstairs!
Connie, you meeting her cannot come soon enough. :(
Post a Comment