Enter SamBam. Since the dogs have been poking their heads out everyday, S has taken to sneaking out to see the "funny doogies." Yes, I spelled that phonetically according to S. Anyhow, I can't keep this kid in. Our front door is not viewable from the living room, it's down a hall, and he can open the locks. Just Saturday afternoon I placed N's bike, the double stroller, a chair, and giant heavy blanket, AND the baby gate in front of the door just so we could watch a movie and not have to worry about him sneaking out...
The neighbor has been complaining to us about S. He "needs to leave the dogs alone or they'll bite him." First of all, if they were going to, they would have already. Second, boxers can actually be quite gentle (my mom had a few), and third, fix your dang HOLE!
So S sneaks out Sunday morning and draws on their front door with chalk. Okay, my bad. First time he's done that. Sorry. We go over with soapy water and clean their door. Monday, N puts a chain on the door. The end of S sneaking out. Hasn't been able to all week, except the one day when we were potty training but I was right behind him and I caught him on the drive way in the nude trying to escape. He wasn't near their house. Anyways...
Today we get a letter on our door saying that if our child continues to go unrestrained (!) and continues to cause damage to others' property, we'll be fined or evicted.
E-FREAKING-VICTED!
And we can't do anything about it, cause she works in the freaking office. UGH.
N went over and talked to the hubby, who seemed to not know anything about it, and said, basically, look, we cleaned your door after you said he did that. If you have a problem, we'd really rather you came and talked to us about it... etc etc.
Like I said, the dude acted like he didn't know anything about it.
SHE's A BEAST. I'd use a stronger word, but there may be young ones reading... The day I called her at the office and told her that her dogs had chewed through the vent and I was worried they might cut themselves, her response to me was, "Oh, those jacka$$ s***heads!" Okay. Classy.
I was SO upset about this letter though. He's three for crying out loud and I try TRY to watch him, but what if I have to PEE!!!! I have a baby, who I occasionally have to put down for a nap!!! And we did just get a chain on the door and he hasn't been out there all week!!!!!
Everytime we go out there and she's out there she gives him the evil eye. SORRY. My kids LIKE to play outside!!!
I need to move. I need a house. I need people who are charitable...
Oh yeah, and the pediatrician is having him tested by a developmental behavioral - ist... doctor... person... (mildly autistic? Maybe... but I don't think so, but it'll be good to have him tested anyhow... I know he has speech language issues and I need to call the school about that tomorrow.......) *sigh*
5 comments:
Call animal control about the dogs. They are a danger and menace and animal control can send them a letter or more. Also, contact the landlord (not the office since she works there) about the damage the dogs caused by chewing through the hole. Not only that, but are y'all even allowed to have 2 dogs that large there?
Oh! And I would contest the letter. I would ask for proof of any "damage" your son has caused or any unsupervised "wanderings." She probably hasn't documented jackshit and saying that they will evict you because your child plays outside near where HER dogs have chewed a hole and poke their heads through is ridiculous.
But yes, absolutely follow this up with a letter. Otherwise you are tacitly saying everything in the letter they sent you is true and I would most def. contest it.
I completely agree with Jennifer. She's probably just some admin asst, so try to contact HER boss about the ghetto hole in the wall. Seriously, that's a way bigger threat than a 3yo who likes to play outside. And you cleaned her door, so there is no actual "damage to property." Send a letter addressed to someone higher up than her. (Or several someones.)
P.S. I know a house in Houston you can buy :).
I think Jennifer is on the right track with this as well. Get something documented on your side of things.
Post a Comment