Well, it's been almost a month since I last blogged, and Mags is now a month old, so I figure I better update. (Dang, I got some good music on my playlist... *jams out to White Stripes*) :)
Okay, where was I?
Well, after my last post, N's mom was able to come in for a few days. It was nice to have the extra help! And the boys enjoyed having her as well! Monday we went out and got some last minute Christmas shopping done. Then, that night, we got some good ole Texas BBQ. Tuesday I woke up SICK. SICCCCCK. Stomach flu extraordinaire. N took me to the ER that night. I was really dehydrated, but felt better after having IV fluids and some drugs. It was nice that June was here to help with the kids then. Really nice! She left the next morning and unfortunately had caught my stomach bug and spent her entire flight home sick. :(
Thankfully no one else caught it!
Christmas was nice. Low key. I am lucky that my children are not overly materialistic and don't expect grandiose things! My boys were both happy with their scooters (one was a black friday special and the other I got on craigslist!) and have ridden them almost everyday since. It's been too stinking cold this week for them to ride, which has frustrated them I think. I am just thrilled that they loved them. Things have been really tight this year. Really. So a lot of their gifts were hand me downs and dollar store, but they were happy. So we were!
We went up to Fort Hood after Christmas to visit some friends from Alabama, while Nathan did some training. It was so nice to see our friends again! On the way up, I developed a fever. BAH! And by the next day I was sure it was Mastitis. BLERGH. If you've never experienced it, be grateful. So my doc called in some antibiotics and I got over it pretty quick. Thankfully!!!
PopPop and Kaye were able to come in for a few days for New Years. It was SO nice to have them here!! We mostly just hung out at the house, but we did make it to the Riverwalk and Alamo one day. It was nice for me to get out too! The boys loved having them around to just sit with and watch movies (and of course, bring presents! :D)and they watched the boys for us so we could get out for a bit too. SO Nice! We saw Sherlock Holmes. I haven't decided how I feel about it yet, despite my love for RDowney Jr. I think maybe it'd just been awhile since I saw an action flick! :)
After they left, the boys' colds decided to rear themselves, and Mags woke up one day with a nasty cough. By the next morning we were in the ER with her. RSV. No fun. She still has a really awful cough, but she seems to be managing it a little better. Poor little thing. She's just perfect. I've said it before, but I didn't realize how badly I wanted a girl till I got one. S first called her "Baby Naggy" then "Baby Waggy" and now "Baby Daggy"... he's getting there!!
She's so much fun, but very draining. Especially since her sick has made her not want to be put down. And I've developed candida (yeast). Yay. So nursing is painful and I have to limit my white flours and sugars. Very little fruit, sugar, yeasty breads. Blah. Whole grains and veggies for me. Which will help with my continued weight loss, even though I weigh less now than I did when I got pregnant. My pre-baby jeans are too big. YAY!
*sigh*
But I am becoming more and more sure of the fact that she is the last one as time goes by. Our house is a tad chaotic, the boys have cabin fever BAD cause we can't go out cause Mags's sick, and it's COLD, and nursing is just HARD. So, everyday I think we are definitely done! :P
I guess time will tell.
I'm ready for Spring, warm weather, and healthy children!
1 comment:
Four is a good number
Post a Comment