Saturday, January 9, 2010

Meme blah

Saw this on a few blogs and thought I’d share the fun! Won’t answer all the questions, cause some are dumb and/or don’t apply.
FEEL FREE TO SKIP THIS POST…. ‘twas just for fun. ☺

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Had a baby girl.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My resolution is always the same… return all shopping carts to the cart return. That’s the only real resolution I make, cause I’m cool. And I usually keep it till about March.
Therefore I resolve to try again this year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
(See number one) Two of my SILs both had baby girls too!!! Wish we lived closer so they could grow up playing together! ☹

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. My granddad. ☹

5. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Money. :P

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
March 19-20. Our first full days at DisneyWorld, first days of our move back to Texas, and right after Nathan’s graduation, and first of Mom’s bdays after her death (and another reason I won’t share :P) and December 8th. Mags’s BDAY!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
We keep coming back to this… Mags!!! And N's flight school graduation. (Heck yeah that’s my achievement too!)

9. What was your biggest failure?
I’m made of win.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yeah. See previous blog posts…

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Couch!!!!!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Nathan for graduating from Flight School and continuously working hard to provide for his family despite aggravation and frustration. He is a good man, and I am lucky to be married to him. D for being such an amazing helper and doing so good in school. Ike Ike for being the giver of great hugs and always making his mommy smile. S for keeping me on my toes, not letting me get lazy, and entertaining me everyday!!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Shyeah.

14. Where did most of your money go?
What money?

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
DisneyWorld, Graduation, Mags (this may get redundant!)

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
This Woman’s Work(Kate Bush), Strange Education(The Cinematics) wicked awesome song, The Water (Feist), and everything on the new Placebo and DM albums!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier, I think. Time heals…. Slowly.
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner. HALLEfreakinLujah!
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Reading. :P

22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yep. She has red hair!

23. How many one-night stands?
I have two night-stands.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
The Mentalist, So You Think You Can Dance

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word... loathe maybe.

26. What was the best book you read?
The Hunger Games/Catching Fire

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Tough one!!!!!!!!! I love my music. Love it hard. I don’t know that I really “discovered” anything new… Lady Gaga’s songs are catchy the first 1200 times you hear them. We saw Depche Mode live in August. Placebo put out a new record. Those both made me super happy!!!

28. What did you want and get?
Couch!!!!!!!!!

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I’d reaalllly like to say Half Blood Prince, but it was SUCH a disappointment! There were several I would have liked to have seen, but I’ll go with either UP or Star Trek.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Um. It was Mother’s Day, 31.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Nathan having more work satisfaction…

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Whatever fit over the belly bump.

34. What kept you sane?
Keeping busy.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Lady Gaga *snort*

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
**turns and runs**

37. Whom did you miss?
Mom, and all of our family that live too far away.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
My girls in SA. Awesome chicas!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Hm. Hm. Wow. Not sure how to answer this. So … I’ll pass. But, yes, I did learn some things. Just don’t really think I ought to share. :P

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

Um.

Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam!!!! A Sunbeam! A Sunbeam!!!!!

3 comments:

Frank said...

I really enjoyed #5, #9, and #23

Anonymous said...

And I know what you aren't sharing in #7. :D

Kelli said...

You're so funny! I loved reading that..I laughed out loud at the "two night stands" very clever you...Can we see some pic.'s of Maggie please? Even just one pic. will do! Thanks!