Saturday, August 8, 2009

SO I figure I should post about stuff. :)

I made a slideshow of our trip. It only let me add 50 (FIFTY!?) photos, though I had many, many more! Our last week in UT was very nice. Matt n Connie came down and stayed two nights with us (YAY!) and we were so happy to see them! We went to Temple Square and ate Brazilian the first day. The second day with them we went to Cherry Hill Waterpark and played (fiasco!). We tried sending Ike down a waterslide with myself and Matt on his own tube (idiots shoulda had a height restriction) ... it was worse than it looked and he ended up getting plowed under and then Uncle Matt saved him by pulling him onto his raft. And then Ike ended up head butting Uncle Matt and breaking his glasses!!! And making him bleed!!! Yikes. So Matt n Connie had to spend the evening getting new glasses and dealing with impromptu car repairs (thank goodness for angels!). All in all, it was over too soon but still fun! :)

I rather enjoyed riding the Twin Dragons (or something) waterslide with Sammy. I went down on my back and then I couldn't sit back up. He ended up riding me down the water-slide ala Dr. Strangelove...



Great fun.

Anywho...

Then, our last weekend there, we drove down to Mayfield, UT for N's family reunion on his dad's side. A three day festival of stuffing your face, sweating, and chasing children. Still really fun. I really enjoyed sending time with N's siblings... even camping wasn't so bad!

We drove back up to Kaysville on Sunday and spent the night packing and doing laundry before leaving for Lehi on Monday, where we spent the night with N's awesome grandparents.

Tuesday we left (not as early as we shoulda) and made it through Moab, where we had lunch with N's brother, and the Four Corners. Four Corners was neat but sad. Kind of a flea market around a monument... hm. Cool though.

Wednesday we killed ourselves with over 17 hours in the car. We were determined to make it home that night and not have to pay for another hotel! Though the one we stayed in in New Mexico was an Economy Inn, it had been refurbished and didn't feel creepy at all. Quite nice. And I slept quite comfy with Ike Ike. :)

So we're glad to be home!!

And I went to the doctor and have gained five more pounds. :) That's a vacation for you (and a second trimester...). But it's only 9 pounds total so far.
We also had our ultrasound ... now gender news, still a surprise, but here's some pics!


Baby foot and Baby face. :)

5 comments:

Eldredge Fam. said...

I could have told you the 4-corners wasn't that great...I grew up there remember...Everyone seems to be heading to Utah....everyone but me :(

Novemeber, november, I have to keep telling myself that. :)

Sara said...

I didn't realize you grew up down in that area!!! It's a beautiful place, but the monument was kind of run down. I loved Shiprock. That mountain (!?) is cool!!!

November will be here before you know it! :)

Chiska said...

Wow---a face now that's cool! Loved looking at your pics. I saw the temple pic and thought "that looks kinda familiar. Oh yeah, we went there too!" Fun to know somewhere you are. :)

Chiska said...

I mean were!

June said...

I was hoping you would post one that shows baby gender so if you don't want to know the rest of us can find out!