Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Life.

Haven't posted anything in a while. Isaac lovingly broke our camera when he and David were fighting over it. It. Is. Dead. And momma and papa are not very happy about it. Who has money to just buy another camera?!? Not us, anyways.

But we have been keeping busy. David started school this week. He has already told me that it's "longer than Primary School". I wonder if he's already disillusioned! Not all he thought it would be? I don't know. I think part of it is still getting into the swing and routine of getting up and going. I hope it'll get better though. For his sake.

We went to Six Flags last week (Me, Ike, and David) thanks to a good friend who got us in for free! (YAY!) We had a lot of fun and I even got the boys to ride the log flume (a feat!). They were feeling brave so I said "Let's go for it!" David was shaking and whimpering after!!! But he also agreed it was fun!!

We are going to Dallas this weekend for our Depeche Mode concert. We would have probably chosen to go to Houston, except that they were playing there on Sunday. So we bought tickets MONTHS AGO for the Dallas concert. We have been really excited but it's been challenging trying to figure out what to do with the kids. Another testament to our desire to live closer to family. And I was thinking we'd just drive home after (ha ha) but Nathan thinks we need to spend the night somewhere, so we've been trying to figure that out as well. Things are just tough right now cause he's not getting a lot of flight hours and doesn't really have a "full time" thing right now. He's also just taken a part time job at the scout shop to help make ends meet. Planning on going to Grad School in the January, which I am proud of him for. But we just have to get there. Oi. The cycles of life get a little ridiculous. I wonder if it's just our family that goes through these feast or famine things...

So that's about it.

Yep.

Here's a few pics (thanks to other sources of picture taking...) of our adventures!




Six Flags with friends!!!!


David's SECOND day of school... this camera being broken stuff is ridiculous! (Taken with the web cam)


A tummy shot (also taken with web cam) at around 24ish weeks...

4 comments:

Melinda said...

I love your hair!!! The preggo pics look great! And no, you aren't the only one. We seem to be having a rough time of things right now. We were blessed to go to CA and all the traveling we did this summer, but that's it for awhile!!! Good for hubby picking up a second job, one option, if you're up for it, is to tutor part time or something. I have been racking my brain trying to think of something creative to do as well. Have fun at Depeche Mode!

Connie Roberts said...

No. No you are not. With money, there never seems to be a happy medium for us. I just think it doesn't effect us as much because there are only two of us. But we are at that stage right now where we have NO IDEA what the future could possibly bring.

It would be nice to just know? You know?

But I'm in full confidence that everything will work out great for you guys. Trust me. I just know this stuff. Except when it comes to my own life ;P.

The Story of us said...

You make me want to have a baby and cut my hair. Your are so cute. Those little stinkers breaking your camera. If I was closer I would keep the kids over night for you. David looks so cute for his first day of school.
Hang in there we love you

Kristin said...

Have you announced if it's a girl or boy yet? Do you know?