Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fun, fun, fun!

So this last weekend, as many of you know, I went up to St. Louis to clean out my mom's storage unit. Well, let's just say I never wanna see another vomit bucket as long as I live.

Sammy had been sick last Monday, but by Thursday I figured he was well enough to travel, so I loaded up the boys and we headed north. We got in about 9:00 Thursday night and the boys were SO happy to see PopPop and be out of the car! But by Friday morning, Ike Ike was throwing up and had a rip snortin' fever.


We called the my brother that was coming up with his family and warned them, but they came on ahead anyways and arrived Friday night (by which point I was throwing up) as well as my younger bro and his wife. Thankfully, Ike Ike was better by Friday evening and mine was gone by Saturday a.m.. So we got up Saturday and the brothers, SILs and I went over and tackled the storage unit. It is probably a good thing it was as COLD as it was, or we would have probably taken more time sifting through things, but as it was, we moved pretty quickly... after sitting around for an hour waiting for a locksmith to get us into the unit cause the key we had was wrong. Oi.
Anyhow, we packed up several truck loads for Goodwill and some illegal dumping, and then took a big load back to my dad's house to sift throught the boxes of pictures and papers... see...


(This is nothing! We had it pretty well sorted by this point!)

By mid afternoon, David was throwing up and my Stepmomma was sick. Yay!!!

Then it moved on to my younger brother, my niece, my nephew, and I think the SIL and other niece were feeling crummy as well. But we got everything sorted, trashed, or given away that needed to be.

Monday was Ike Ike's birthday, but we didn't get to do much celebrating since we weren't home, but he got to pick something out at ToysRUs and he got a cake and spaghetti for dinner. He still said it was his "best birthday ever!!" I love 4 year olds!!!
Daddy was on speaker phone since he couldn't come up with us.


But, we're home now and most everything I brought back has been put away... er, stacked in the hallway...

I hate moving.

That said... we're moving to San Antonio mid-March. It's pretty much a for sure thing now. We have to find a place to live, and arrange movers, and etc etc... I want to go crawl under a rock... please?

9 comments:

thejencooper said...

I love the Harry Potter count down. I was mad that it got pushed back because of twilight. Did you know that? Ya, I was mad.

The Rowletts said...

ohhhh... I love love San Antonio. I wanna come visit. I didn't know you were moving soon. Hope all kiddos are feeling better by now. I'm sure you are glad to have that weekend over in more ways than one. I actually always loved moving. (Heaven knows I've done it enough times.) I always feel like it's my chance for a fresh start/new beginning. You get the picture.

Sara said...

Shyeah! I was peeved... peeved indeed!!! Thanks, Jen!

Sara said...

Ashley! You should totally come visit!! In fact, this weekend as we were going through the pics I found some pretty choice ones of all of us as kids!! Good times! :)

Jennifer said...

Yup, we came anyway, because we're insane. Never again, lol.

Though I'm glad we got to see you for a little bit... inbetween all the puking. ;)

I'm glad IkeIke had "THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!"

Sara said...

LOL, Jennifer!!! I'm glad you guys came too. It wasn't much fun, but at least we got to do it together! :D

Ike Ike loves his Pirate Monkey Toes!!! :)

The Story of us said...

You will survive just fine. Did Nathan find a job. I love San Antonio can I come visit. I have to get out of Korea first. Oh Well. Good luck with the move in March. You like Twilight and Harry Potter. Hard to chose between them right Sara (LOL)

Jess said...

Ugh! We are just getting over a stomach bug at our house, so I have the utmost sympathy...good luck with the move!

Kristin said...

So what's with the move? Where is Nathan working? Yeah - you get to go back to Texas!