Friday, February 27, 2009

BBbbloooooooooooaaaagggggg!!!!!!

I'm losing my mind. I'm losing my mind. I'm losing my ever loving mind. Ladeeee daaaaa!!!! La la la laal lOooooooooooooo!!!!!!


AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAkkkkkk!!!!!


Why, are you losing your mind, Sara?

Um. Because I DON'T KNOWWWW WHAT TO DOOOOO!!!!!!!

EEEppppp!!!! ppppthhhhhh... *faints*


Okay. *ahem* So, the hubby graduates on March 18th. Then what? Exactly. He's been told by his unit that he can be put on 30 day orders till he finds something permanent, or after the 30 days if he hasn't he can do some kind of flying something or other as a job till he can find something. Great. But not permanent. He has applied for another job that has openings in Dallas, Austin, and Houston... the Dallas one is a bit of a stretch, but why not... anyhow... he won't know anything about that until at least the middle to the end of next month... so the plan for now is: Go to San Antonio, just in case. Okay, great. So we are looking for a place to live in San Antonio... next problem. How long are we gonna be there? Don't wanna buy a house if we're moving to Houston in April... most apartments are up to 3 bedroom and don't have short term leases... there is a military clause that they do if he does get that job and gets orders to move... BUT. What if he doesn't get that job and we are staying in San Antonio? Well, we don't want to be stuck in an apartment for 12 months! We want to buy a house!!! So do we just rent a house right now? Well, there are rent to owns, but they don't want you to sign the rent to own contract unless you know you are staying (which we don't!). And finding a house in which to live that will give you a lease for less than 12 months is seemingly impossible! AAAAAAAAAAAAAKKK!!!!

*deep breath* Do you see my dilemma?

So. I just bought a plane ticket to go to San Antonio next weekend and sort this mess out. Wish me luck. Heaven knows I need it. I will have 3 days to find a house... home... apartment... tent.

9 comments:

The Rowletts said...

So no chance you can live on one of the bases in SA huh? It's my understanding that some bases have "hotels" of sorts for people coming in for a short time. I think they are more like little apartments. (called Billeting or something like that). We stayed with some friends on Lackland AFB once. Not ideal for the brood but may be good for a short time. Don't know if y'all are eligible for anything like that. Moving is full of hard decisions. Good Luck!

Terri said...

why don't you stay at the YMCA :}
Hehehe sorry, bad joke!

Sara said...

Really, Terri? Is it fun to stay at the YMCA? :P

:D

Anonymous said...

DO NOT RUSH INTO BUYING A HOUSE. DO NOT RUSH INTO BUYING A HOUSE. DO NOT RUSH INTO BUYING A HOUSE.

Am I clear? In this market, even in the good places like Texas, you do not need to rush into home-ownership. You WILL lose money if you have to leave in a short time.

I understand wanting a home--but y'all have to know you are going to be someplace for a while first.

Jennifer said...

Sara,

Um, no offense, but I would not buy a house until your husband is sure that he is doing something he enjoys and that he plans on staying in for a long time. And with the job market the way it is, this is an extremely important point. DO NOT BUY A HOUSE UNTIL HE IS SURE HE WILL KEEP HIS JOB.

Jess said...

Ugh! I hate not having plans like that, especially when you have to drag kids and all of the requisite stuff around. Adults can live out of suitcases, but kids? Best of luck--wish I could help!

Chiska said...

Wanna borrow our tipi. It's bigger than a tent. :)

Kristin said...

Yuck. I thought Nate had a job in San Antonio. Well, I know a house in Houston you can buy :). (Actually it's under lease until January, but the renters know that we're getting desperate to sell.)

Connie Roberts said...

Errrr! I hate finding myself in those situations, not knowing what the near future will hold. Sara, I feel your pain and although there is not much I can do, I will be praying for you. But I have faith you will find something. Good Luck!