Sunday, October 26, 2008
So... I've been planning on going to the church's Trunk or Treat this week dressed as Miss Lovett from Sweeney Todd, with Nathan going as Sweeney himself. The boys are going to be their own things... unless I can incorporate Sammy somehow... mini-Sweeney or something... ANyways... I've been thinking about it and I just don't know if having a trunk full of pies with fingers poking out is in bad taste, or if people will get all weird about the fact that it was an R-rated movie... even though it was a Sondheim musical starring Angela Lansbury in 1979... I ust don't want people to think it's in bad taste... when I think it's awesome... or should we be unoriginal and do a Harry Potter thing? Please answer the poll, and if you have a sec, comment below and tell me what you think...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Grrr!!!!........How the heck do you add people as friends on this thing?!!
R-rated movie, or A.L. 1979 version, it is pretty dark material. I love the idea of the costumes... I just would probably choose something else for the church's trunk or treat.
Kinda like how I've heard the Kite Runner is a profound book, but you wouldn't recommend it for the Enrichment's book club (something about a crazy rape scene)... you know what I'm saying?
The pies with fingers sticking out made me laugh out loud though. That's good stuff.
I think that Sweeney Todd is a way cool idea, but a little much for the church's trunk or treat. Sorry, I thing that you need to go with something a little less disturbing.
I say if it's what you want to do, is modest, and won't scare the kids, who cares WHAT the party is?
Post a Comment