Thursday, August 21, 2008

Urrrrrr....

Things I am grateful for:

1. A husband who is strong, and loving, and patient, and kind. Who is honorable and willing to serve his family, his country, and his God.

2. My incredibly beautiful, funny boys. They are sweet, innocent, happy little men, who teach me every day about how to be a better person. Children can be so forgiving and trusting and I love them and their sweet little spirits. "It is not a slight thing, when they who are so fresh from God love us." -Charles Dickens Isaac loves to pray. He says, "Father. Thank thee this day. Amen." David is so sweet and such a good big brother, helping Isaac in the car for 12 hours yesterday! And Sammy just makes us laugh!

3. My testimony of Jesus Christ as my Savior. My knowledge of a Heavenly Father who loves us. Knowing that I will be with my sweet boys forever. Direction and guidance, stability in my life amidst a sea of conflicting ideals.

4. The blessing of staying home with my kids. Today Isaac came in and was nagging me deluxe to get off the computer and "play a game" with him. I almost told him to go away, but then realized how fleeting these years are that I have to spend with him and create that relationship with him. So we played Simpsons Clue. And David had kind of a rough day at school. Almost made me wanna pull him out and home-school him. That would be hard. He doesn't take that kind of direction well from me. Gets too frustrated with me. But today I was tempted. I worry about what is going to happen in February when Nathan finishes here. It means a job hunt again, which is scary. Hopefully he will be able to go full-time AGR.

No one understands, save maybe my hubby, how difficult somethings are for me.

2 comments:

Chiska said...

And I'm super grateful for you and for your blog. I can't tell you what a lift your blog is for me.

Sara said...

Yay! Chiska! It's been too long!!