The boys got home around lunch time, right before David's party. They brought me some really pretty flowers. Here's the totally awesome cake I made:
After David's party, some friends and I went shopping for formals. They have a ball at the end of your time here at flight school and one of my friends is going at the end of this month. It was impossible to find anything nice at all if you are bigger than size 6!!! After that, Nathan took me to a Japanese Hibachi restaurant for dinner. Yummmmy.
Then of course there was mother's day. A paradox if you ask me. First of all, it's a day for your family to do things for you, right? Make you meals, etc. But then there's the mess that comes out of those meals. Do you really want your "day off" to be spent watching your family clean house or do you spend the time with them? Well, if not then you have to spend ALL day Monday cleaning it yourself. (Which I am). So what's a mom to do? I told Nathan that if it were up to me and there were about 10 more hours in the day, I would like for them to do EVERYTHING that I do in an average day. But as it stands, I wanted to spend the time with my family, and in return, because I wasn't "on top of" things all weekend (due to my bday and the holiday), the house is a disaster. So...Happy Mother's Day to me.... now I get to go clean the house.
2 comments:
I TOTALLY agree with you. I had to speak yesterday, so I spent the morning writing my talk and preparing my regular lesson (we have afternoon church), then hubby was sick, so I cooked dinner too. By the end of the day I was more exhausted than a normal weekend. Cest la vie.
That is the coolest cake ever!! Ashton loved it, too bad you don't live close enough to make one for his next birthday :( You are amazing!! Happy birthday!!!!!
Post a Comment