warm and humid...
ok, gross.
But, it does...
The boys have been out of school for about 2 weeks now and we've been having The Fun. Usually, that consists of screaming at each other, making messes (or cleaning messes), playing Wii, and the occasional field trip.
It all began with a graduation... I have come to the belief that they will have a dang graduation for ANYthing anymore. Seriously. Now, My Ike graduted Kinder. 
I am a fan of the kinder graduation. It's sort of a ... moving away from babyhood, you mastered the basics kind of a thing. (Their school totally went all out, too! A DJ, balloon arches and balloons everywhere! A huge reception. Pretty cool!) But... 5th grade graduation... 8th grade graduation... PRE-K Graduation?! Srsly? Let's all celebrate mediocrity so none of it is important...
I am a fan of the kinder graduation. It's sort of a ... moving away from babyhood, you mastered the basics kind of a thing. (Their school totally went all out, too! A DJ, balloon arches and balloons everywhere! A huge reception. Pretty cool!) But... 5th grade graduation... 8th grade graduation... PRE-K Graduation?! Srsly? Let's all celebrate mediocrity so none of it is important...
Oh well. Whatev.
We bought a small pool, which was promptly tossed in the garage onto a pile of wood, once the man saw it deflated in the yard and figured it had a hole in it. Yes, Yes, it NOW has a hole... *sigh* And it was such a good babysitter...
Gheez, I am coming off really grumpy. Maybe I should come back to this later! :D
But before I go... one more school related thingy...
Big D won 1st place (First?!) in his school's Science Fair and was able to move on to District. It was very exciting for him. Although, he now feels like he has to WIN at everything. Not bad in some cases, however, when he "only" got Honorable Mention and Best Display at the district level, he was all kinds if upset.
Mom and Dad: "You got a trophy, D!"
Big D: "Look how little it is!"
:) Heehee! That's my boy. Competitive little nerd.
Okay... I have chica petita (don't mind my frenish-ish) fussing at me and yanking my arm...
Perhaps, another time....
But for now, a vampire, a snailface, a zombie, and a mommy monster... (the princessa was sleeping)
:)
:)
1 comment:
Oh, mommy monster. Why didn't the man look for the hole and patch it? Maybe you could get one of those cheap plastic ones at Wal*Mart.
Although, he now feels like he has to WIN at everything.
Hooo, boy. Hope the little guy doesn't turn out like... me. I was and am the same way! It's a curse and a great thing, both. :)
Post a Comment