Friday, January 14, 2011

I have five minutes...

Before I gotta get ready to go to the store...

And I just heard Slammer downstairs moving a chair...

That can't be good.

...


Just trying to get to the leftover candy. Now has a tootsie pop in hand. Sometimes it's not worth the fight.

Snuck back upstairs and now Mags is waking up.

...

Seriously.

I better make this quick.

The pictures I posted yesterday actually uploaded pretty quick so hopefully we'll get lucky again... seeing as that really is the only way that I can seem to keep track of what's going on. Which is sad because someday I'm gonna want the written memories. I've always been bad at journalling.

I gotsta do better...

Ok. I'll start with Christmas. We left a week before to head to Utah for Christmas with the hubby's family. We stopped our first night in Vaughn, NM where the kiddos were able to enjoy their first real snow. Deep enough to play in, anyhow. It was 9:30 at night and FREEZING and yet the kids wanted to do nothing but play in it. Except Mags. She was pretty irritated! :) Part of our traveling adventures is staying in those private, semi-scary, Bates Motel style motels. Often times, you'll find a gem. Often times you'll not wanna take your shoes off. The little place we stayed in at Vaughn was pretty good. The bathroom was SO OLD. I almost fell in the toilet as it was so low to the ground! LOL! But I always check for bugs... and saw none. So it was all good! :D

And it was the only place for 50 miles either way!




While in Utah, we froze our tooshies off at the zoo...



(That's N's mom and her husband. N calls them Lou and Andy. If you like British TV, maybe you'll figure out why. LOL)

We played with cousins... (these 3 cuties were all born within 3 months of each other! Love!!!) Yes, N has a huge family...





We had Christmas... (The kids usually get jammies on Christmas Eve, but they have so many jammies we went with slippers instead. So cool!) ...My kids love their daddy!




We waited for it to snow.... A Green Christmas?? In Utah?? :( Finally, two days before we left, Mother Nature obliged! My awesome hubby built a bunch of snowmen with the kids... before they turned into zombies and ate them...





I like that pic of the two of us. Sad it's blurry. :/

This is your kid on snow...



The hubby, who humors me, got me some derby t-shirts. Funny man.


Okay, this is taking longer than five minutes. But blogger is being quick!

On the way home, we went through Roswell, NM and stayed in the nastiest motel ever!!!!!!! It was late and we were all tired and there weren't any bugs, it was just dirty. So we stayed. But ick.

Ick.

Roswell, however, was cool.

I loved the alien street lamps! We took a few hours and did the UFO museum also. So fun... except that Sam was bored and mildly terrified of the aliens!






One more pic from New Years and I gotta get off this thing... okay, maybe two...

Got cocoa?

Okay.... let's see if I can make it less than a month before I do this again! :D




1 comment:

R.S. Bohn said...

Mm, alien autopsy. It's what's for dinner.

I don't know about this tradition of staying in strange little Bates'-style motels. Just don't shower alone, okay?