Friday, December 11, 2009

Mags

I just uploaded a few pics to my facebook account. It's uploader is WAY quicker than doing it on here, that's why. And, right now, time is very valuable to me!! :)

Pretty much everyone knows by now, but Maggie Gail Elizabeth Rose was born on Tues, Dec. 8 at 11:20 a.m. She was 8 lbs 3 oz and 20.5 inches long. She is a doll! She has a head full of strawberry blond hair. She's a touch jaundiced but not so much that she had to stay longer. We will be going back to the doc on Monday to have them check her out.

The whole experience was different. All 3 of my boys were a ten hour labor and pretty much the same. She was SO easy!!!! The hospital was SO nice and our care was excellent!! My doctor was awesome and it just couldn't have gone any better.

I was admitted Monday night for a dose of cervidil, which was to hopefully soften me up for the labor in the morning. Doc didn't want me to actually deliver in the night, just get ready for it. He wanted me to get some "rest" which was slightly impossible as the cervidil was causing some pretty powerful contractions. By four a.m. they stopped the cervidil cause I was already at a 3. The contractions I'd been having monday afternoon had helped a little too.

I got some decent sleep between 4 and 6 and then they started the pitocin at 6:30. He broke my water at 7:30-8. I got the epidural at 9:30 and was at an 8 before we knew it! My (awesome) nurse called teh doctor and told him to come right away (this was at 11) and then checked me and started freaking out! Baby was coming right away! Doc ran in, I pushed, she came out in a hurry!! :) I didn't even tear and my pain has been really quite low. I was so focused on my pushing that I wasn't even thinking about baby gender till I opened my eyes and he was checking her. He announced it was a girl and I just BURST into tears!!! They were all like, "Open your eyes, look at her!" But I was crying so hard!!

They did all of her weighing, cleaning, etc in the delivery room which I loved. In the past, they'd always taken the kiddos away to the nursery for that. They even did the hearing tests and ped visits in our room. She rarely left my side! It was so nice!

I am lucky to have some really amazing friends here who came to visit, watched my kids, have brought food, etc etc etc.

She is doing really well. We are getting the hang of each other and she eats (and poops) like a champ! Sleep is still evading us, but that's not all her fault. The boys love her to death, but have been a little stressed out about the change. Sammy woke up in the middle of the night last night and Hercules kept me up for like an hour before I shoved him in the toy room. Didn't help that she was awake from 10pm to 1 am having a fit. So, sleep is the only thing we are suffering from right now... or lack of it, but everything else is fine. I am trying to take it easy. My brain says that while she's sleeping I need to clean, or do dishes, or something, but I really need to ignore it and get some rest. It's hard with S though. He just gets into everything and I don't feel like I can just leave him be to go take a nap. We will get the hang of it. It just takes time.

Only a few minor hormonal/stress breakdowns so far.

And D came home early today vomiting. N was gone and luckily my friend, Val, was able to go get him for me. He's doing ok now, just a few more vomits. Oi.

I will share a dream I had. The whole pregnancy, I've been pretty sure it was a boy. A few dreams it was a boy, that sort of thing. I don't think I wanted to get my hopes up, and I think the idea of a girl was a little scary!

About a month ago I had a dream that I went to see my mom. I was doing all the things I'd do when I was home with her, cleaning, taking out trash, etc, the day to day stuff and she was standing there watching me holding a baby girl. She was watching the baby girl for me while I was busy, then she gave her to me.

This is part of why I bawled so hard in the delivery room.

I know she was with us.

8 comments:

Kelli said...

OK so you're making me bawl reading your post. That little Maggie is one special little angel- for sure! We're SO happy for you and I hope you'll be able to sleep soon! And I'm sure you'll get the hang of things faster than you think! And don't totally neglect putting pictures on your blog cuz I'm a facebook slacker! Congrat's again! Loves!

Jess said...

Hooray hooray for a GIRL! Sent straight from your mom I know. Now you need a new name for your blog! :)

Frank said...

Thanks for sharing your dream.

And take it easy. Make Nathan clean.

Nikki said...

What a cool dream... I know that your Mom did take care of Maggie until she could come to your family. What a cutie she is. I for one am glad that you put this on your blog, I really dislike Facebook right now- I'm not above using it, I just really think that sucks too much of my time.

Tiffany said...

So I had to fight back the tears just to get through your post! You were truly meant to have Maggie, and Heavenly Father knew how much you needed her and she needed you! Things will get easier, it's always tough when you first bring a newborn home, whatever you need we are here for you!!!

Nannette said...

I bet your mom was holding her waiting for you to be ready to take her from her. What a precious dream!

Melyssa said...

I love you, Sara! What a sweet post. You made my day. :)

Natasha said...

YEAH!!! A girl! SO happy for you! Glad everything went well. : )