So. Since it's been a while since I posted, I'm not sure where to begin. I suppose I'll break this post down into categories, since I really don't know what else to do...
Prego: Fine. Went to the dr. today and have gained another 5 lbs. He is worried about size of baby so we are doing an ultrasound next time (2 weeks) to measure. Like those are ever accurate....
I'd like at least one decent pregnant tummy pic before this is over so Nathan and I really need to get on top of buying a new camera.
New Camera: We've been shopping and think we're just gonna get another model of the one Ike Ike broke. But the PX was out so we have to wait till they get some in...
Cake: I think I'm gonna take some time off from caking. I'm tired. It stresses me out right now. I'm making one as we speak for a friend's dad's 50th and it's not turning out how I wanted. I get in over my head sometimes with the stress level and I need to chill for a bit. Bawled on the phone to Nathan about it earlier and later David came down stairs and said, "Mommy, if anyone else asks you to make a cake, you say NO. It stresses you out too much!" :) I must obey. I will wait till after baby comes to take anymore orders. I'm tired...
Jobs: Nathan is just about done with his grad school app. He's had some awesome help from my old roomie with his essay and I think he feels good about it. Transcripts are ordered and if all goes according to plan, he'll be in school in January. Sheesh...
David: Was nominated for the Talented/Gifted program at school which was a nice surprise. He's been testing this week. IQ tests and creativity tests and such. I am proud and I know he's talented even if he doesn't "make it". :P
Ike Ike: Is cute...
Sam: is not quite the screaming terror he was a few months ago. He talks more now. The other night we were at Cub Scouts with David and he was so tired he kept saying "go home, go home, go home." And he loves Nightmare Before Christmas and I love watching him watch it. It cracks us all up because his favorite thing to do is watch and quote movies. There's a song in that movie where Jack is in Christmas Town and he sing "What's This?!" And Sammy always sings along those two words... "Wut Disth?!" "Wut Disth?" ...I didn't realize how many times Jack said those two words till watching with Sammy. "Wut Disth?"
Hercules: Needs a bath.
Mom: I've been missing her a lot lately. I am anxious for the memorial place to get her marker to the cemetary so they can place it and I can go take pictures. I hope it's done by Halloween. I'd love to go put a pumpkin on her grave. She'd love that too I'm sure. :) David is working on 'writing stories' at school and the other day, when I went in to help his class, he showed me his book he's writing. It's called "When my grandma died". I read it and it was very sweet. Even illustrated. Touching. I think, with it being the time of year it is, we are all thinking of her a lot lately. Ike was driving around with me today and just randomly said, "It's sad Granni died." Yep. Agreed. I know I have been thinking of her a lot lately with things that have been going on and I miss her like mad.
Hmmm.... what else?
I can't think of anything right now. I need to go take another look at this beast of a cake and... actually I need to go to bed and tackle it in the morning with a fresh eye. Bleh. :P
4 comments:
awwww, sarah!!!! I'm sooooo sorry the cake stressed you out!!!!! We loved it, the design, the flavor, just all of it!!!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, sooooooo much!!!!
Hercules. Needs a bath. - LOL.
I'm excited to hear that Sammy is talking more. I was delighted when this past summer I took a picture of him and he said in that surprisingly deep voice, "CHEESE!". His uncle Matt will be proud to hear the "Nightmare Before Christmas" legacy is living on :)
I miss your mom too. I know I didn't know her very long but Sometimes I get bummed out thinking about how she won't be around for stuff. She'll see it, I know, but still. *shrugs and hugs*
I hope you start feeling better and no more cakes. Although I wish you were here so we could make Joe a great halloween cake.
I can't wait to find out what you are having I have been sending girl vibes your way. I hope they help.
Love you
I remember how your mom was always into Halloween. I think even more than Christmas.
I'm glad you're going to destress your life a little bit.
We're getting ready to apply for grad programs too (doctorate). Good luck to you guys!
Post a Comment