Sunday, May 10, 2009

MY Big Dude!!!

Had his 7th birthday on friday! It was a SUPER busy day... made even more crazy by the fact that mommy was lazy and didn't decorate his cake until right before his party!

We got up on Friday and I took the two little ones to the doctor. I tried to make an appt for them twice but they told me (both times) to just be a walk-in. So I was there 15 minutes early. And the first one there after they opened the door. And I waited for an hour and a HALF before we were even seen by anyone. I will NOT go there again. Then the idiot doctor gave them a prescription for antibiotics. I will REALLY not go there again!! Anyways... I digress.

After that fiasco, we packed up and met some friends at the zoo for a playgroup. (I left the camera in the car so, alas no pictures.) The kids saw a few animals but mostly played in the river area in the water. After we fed the lories we loaded up and got Sonic Happy Hour slushies and came home to get ready for D's party at Peter Piper Pizza! I was so glad our new friends from church were able to join us, and afterwards their guy who is the same age as D, came over and spent the night! I think he had a fun day!

Walkie Talkies... just what he wanted!!! (Can you tell!?!)


My cutie and his Shark Boy and Lava Girl cake. I totally threw it together in like 40 minutes!! I knew I shoulda stayed up the night before and finished it! *sigh* Oh well.... It tasted yummy!!!


2 comments:

karen said...

You did an AWESOME job on the cake and David had a great time too. Thanks for letting us come celebrate with you.

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday big D..The cake looked so cool! I cannot believe David is 7, uh hello? Wasn't he just a baby?? Me oh my how time flies! I love the "excitement" over the walkie talkie's--hilarious!