So I drove up to Nashville on Saturday morning, for my cutey patootey nephew's birthday at the Science Center. And... I took a cake with me! He asked for a Pokemon cake... so here's what he got. It was an experiment, as I don't really particularly like fondant, but I knew it would travel better. So it's chocolate cake with slightly coconut flavored buttercream and marshmallow fondant. The fondant was supposed to be all blue, but I had a little mishap with one of my smoothing sponges that had yellow on it... hence the two tone cake... hmph. The poke creatures on the sides were made from royal icing... but Pikachu is fondant, as is the sign that is missing the little dash above the e. *shrugs*
The aquarium cake was made for his actual birthday on Sunday. I swear it should been on cakewrecks... I won't tell you why. It turned out okay, for being done way too late, when I was way too tired and silly.
All in all, it was a good time and I was glad I got to see them! ((hugs her family))




IN OTHER NEWS.... :P
Grandad is doing better, or was as of Friday night. They took him off the ventilator and he was sitting up. I am so grateful for all the messages and notes I've gotten, offers to take my kids, plane tickets, and such. So grateful!! You have no idea. As of right now, I am not too worried about going up anymore. If things change, you'll know it!
(((HUGS HER FRIENDS!!!)))
9 comments:
Great cakes too, I suck with fondant, you're awesome (I suck at playdough so I figure that I have no hope of ever mastering it) Anywhoo... I should mention that I killed about 10 fairy wings working with that dried Royal Icing, oh and they shattered! I kept clapping my hands to see if they would come back to life, but no luck!
I am glad your g-pa is feeling better, we'll keep him in our prayers.
Awesome cakes! I'm SO impressed-I can't even bake a cake from a box without it shriveling up like a raisin so I am completely awed by your cake making/decorating talents! Glad to hear your Grandad is doing better...
I need you to come to Korea and make me a cake for my birthday. Miss you. I am glade your grandpa is feeling a little better.
Love the pokemon balls! :) Glad your grandpa's doing better.
The cakes were great. We're really glad you guys came up.
Pokemon? Is there anything you can't do?
Wow!!! I'm impressed with your cake decorating skills. I remember when you were taking classes... Way to go! You are an amazing aunt. How fun!
She's an awesome aunt. The cakes ROCKED! And I loved the aquarium cake. I'm so glad you did it Saturday night. I still giggle when I think of it. Teehee!
Gyrados and Diahga (or however the hell you spell it) were done SO well. I'm WAY impressed. STILL.
AWWW! THANKS GUYS!!!!
Post a Comment