Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Our big splurge...

Okay, so most of our furniture predates the personal computer.... or my husband's birth. Yes, we could use a new couch... I'm not even sure where the one we have came from. And I have to keep in stock my sofa covers cause the things is really questionable. Anyways... it's old. We need a new one. But why buy one when our kids are just gonna funk it up anyhow. We need a bedroom set. I'd at least like to have a new dresser, seeing as the one we have came from DI and cost us $2. It is missing a drawer and we have to shove the drawers shut to fit all our stuff inside, and we still have plastic shelving in the bedroom covered in clothes. Short of it... I would LOVE a bed with an actual headboard and footboard and a place to put my clothes. But we'll get to that eventually, in fact I fell in love with a real rustic looking set at the place we went and bought our first BIG purchase in a very long time. But it'll have to wait, cause for now.... *drumroll* we bought the boys a bunk bed! They love it! I love it! We just haven't gotten a full size mattress for the bottom bunk yet so Ike Ike is on his crib mattress still, surrounded by blankets and animals. They have been on it since we got it put together. Even Sammy has mounted it a few times. Yikes. We haven't got the safety boards on the tops yet though, so let's all hope David doesn't fall out. It didn't have any predrilled holes for them and our drill takes a day to charge and some dummy (points at self) left it unplugged so it was dead. He sure is a mover in his sleep so I'm a little worried. Oh well, what's a broken arm, right? Oi... *goes to gather more blankets for a soft landing*...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I'm sure when he falls out he'll crack his skull on the bottom bed and that will break his fall and protect his arm.

Sara said...

*whines* Shut up!!!!!

:P

Heehee! There's enough blankets there now that it'll only be a minor concussion. :D

Nikki said...

Looks like the boys are going to love it for a long time...But isn't it always the case that we get our kids things before we get ourselves things. Our stuff can be literally falling apart and we still get our kids stuff first not that they don't need the stuff too, but you know we can wait just a little longer, meanwhile said item is now completely broken.

Anonymous said...

So did he make it through the night without falling?