Thursday, September 4, 2008
Disturbing...
So yesterday, I got David off to school and loaded the other two into the bike trailer for a ride. We were enjoying the morning weather and minding our own when I noticed a squirrel on our side of the road. He was standing there, minding his own. Ahead of us, I noticed a large red pickup at the stop sign about 50 ft ahead of us. I had the thought cross my mind, 'That squirrel is gonna see us coming and run out in the road to get away from us, but that truck is coming awfully fast...' Yep, squirrel looked at us and dodged out into the street, the guy in the red truck was watching the boys and I and didn't notice the squirrel running out in front of him. The squirrel disappeared under the truck and for a brief moment I though He Made IT! Till I heard the telltale "POP!" Oh, it was awful, he was bouncing all over the road and twitching, and I was pedaling my butt off to get away from him (going uphill). It was so sad. I didn't say anything to the boys cause I didn't want Ike Ike to realize what had happened, cause I know he saw it, and probably was wondering. I am just glad it was on the tire side away from us. I don't think I could have handled actually seeing it pop. It was awful. So disturbing. *sniff* Poor Squirrel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment